Village Cinemas: Self-Service Ticket Kiosk
The commercial objective was to reduce queuing at existing ticket counters by providing an alternative retail outlet, and to achieve a 90 second transaction timeframe.
- Village Cinemas International
- Ticket kiosk
Village Cinemas initiated a project to install self-service ticketing kiosks in major cinema centres.
Invetech was engaged to provide customized EFTPOS facilities for a new ticketing kiosk, and to design and manufacture the installation chassis.
Working closely with NCR and Village, Invetech developed a chassis concept and manufactured prototypes for both technical and commercial evaluation.
- Full visual and mechanical integration with the NCR 7401 equipment,
- system installation in a range of interior fitouts, and
- a very wide range of EFTPOS equipment to be installed, with ample access for cabling, installation and service.
- The integration of a specified system, based on retail kiosks and printers, with existing ticketing software supplied by Icon Software in the UK,
- kiosks were to be installed at Village complexes all over the world, requiring integration of EFTPOS systems approved in each target country, and
- the kiosk had to have a flexible integration capability to suit the wide range of approved equipment.
Kiosk chassis systems were manufactured by Invetech in Melbourne, and shipped directly to Village installation sites in Australia, France, Germany, Switzerland and Greece.
Comprehensive installation instructions were developed and supplied with each kiosk, with installation completed by local NCR staff.
The kiosks have achieved very high levels of customer acceptance, and average 20% of site sales.