Thin Foil Handling Manufacturing Process
Our client had developed a world leading technology that required a novel approach to packaging and manufacturing to meet the target cost of goods and the high market volumes.
- Concurrent development of an innovative new thin foil product and the associated automated manufacturing process
Invetech worked closely with our client to develop a patented product and patented manufacturing technology for the high-volume multi-layer, thin foil product. The fully automated production machine included the following features:
- Precision handling and processing of delicate thin foil materials,
- flexibility to manufacture a range of product variants to suit the rapidly evolving market requirements,
- automatic loading and packaging, and
- 100%, automatic on-line QC.
By developing the product and process concurrently, our team delivered commercial advantages including:
- A product and process that was IP protected and enabled our client to produce their product at lower cost than their competitors,
- lower operating costs and reduced capital investment with a single, fully integrated machine replacing what would normally have required 3 separate machines and additional materials handling and storage.