CAP-XX: High-Volume Automated Assembly & Testing
Based on market demand for their novel product, CAP-XX needed to scale-up their production capacity, maximize product quality and achieve a lower cost of goods for a family of products.
- Robotic assembly, printing and testing of high-volume product.
Working with our client, we developed an automated robotic assembly system for a family of small, precision products.
The system included the following features:
- Scanning and printing of unique identification numbers for product traceability
- on-line punching of contacts
- precision robotic loading and handling of individual components
- printing of product information and company logo
- precision folding of packaging laminate
The end result was a fully automated assembly system capable of production equivalent to the output of 14 operators using manual processes in a clean room.
Additionally, we delivered a flexible system, capable of a number of product variants with minimal change over time.