Wine Preserva™: Wine Preservation Product Development
After years of research and development, our client developed a patented method for preserving opened bottles of wine. They approached Invetech to leverage our manufacturing and engineering expertise to create a commercial product.
- Wine Preserva Pty Ltd
- The Wine Preserva
Working closely with our client, we designed and developed a breakthrough concept for preserving wine in partially opened bottles.
The Wine Preserva is a first-of-kind, breakthrough product designed to reduce oxidation of wine and lengthen the life of the product. It is a coated disc system innovatively designed for flexibility enabling it to be rolled for insertion into the opened wine bottle, and then float on the wine surface providing a suitable barrier to oxygen. Oxidation is delayed and the product can be kept "at restaurant quality" for up to 5 days.
Our team developed a low cost design, which is quick and easy to deploy, making it suitable for both the consumer and retail markets.
An automated manufacturing process was defined and production equipment sourced from international suppliers.
An intelligent design process and extensive research and development resulted in a world-first wine preserving technique which:
- Does not contaminate or taint the wine,
- does not change the sensory characteristics (aroma or taste) of the wine, and
- does not trap air between the disk and the wine surface, providing a constant barrier to oxygen.
The final product is encased, similar to a "tea-bag", allowing it to be deployed without handling and contamination. It:
- is cost effective, and covers more than 85% of the bottled wine market,
- is recycled with the bottle, and reduces restaurant and home waste,
- increases margins on wine-by-the-glass programs, with no capital expenditure required,
- allows for an expansion of the wine by the glass program with less risk, and
- manufactured from materials approved by agencies such as the FDA and EU, for contact with foods and beverages.