Reckitt Benckiser: Mosquito Repellent Mat Consumable
Our client approached Invetech to design a low-cost consumable for a new Mosquito Repellent device.
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Mosquito Repellent Device
Our objectives were to
- Design a multi-night cartridge compatible with existing mats
- achieve very low materials cost of goods sold (MCOGs)
- improve lifetime performance
Consistent delivery of very small fluid volumes was achieved through well-considered materials and geometry selection, and using capillary action through a ceramic wick as the ultimate carrier.
The complete "idea to market" process for this low-cost FMCG product was less than 12 months including the establishment of component manufacture in Asia and assembly in South America.
The end result enabled:
- An annual sales volume of over 10 million units
- a retail price US$1.49
- additional client IP.